Tuesday, May 07, 2013

The lost bouquet

I would crave for your presence beside me
Just because your face was the cutest to see
Your smile always sparked a fire
In my heart much bigger than I aspired
Even though I was out of candles to be lit
Thinking about you made me submit
And I wondered: If this was you all day
I'd love to have my hands in yours and click replay
However, I still had my reservations
Seeing that you were the king of public relations

Something kept bringing me back to you
Your presence, your honesty, your unique angle of view
I wanted to know you so bad
But I was taught the guy should be one putting up the 'want ad'
So I closed my eyes
And imagined what made you distinct from other guys
If only i could mute my heart from pounding
And save our ears for the whispers of the peaceful surrounding
You started moving closer
And with every move, I lost an ounce of breath in an attempt to respire

I blocked my feelings on the inside
So as to boast of a little pride
I locked my heart within
And saved myself from sin
Because I feared what love may do to it
Truth is the least i should admit ey?
I concealed my thoughts
And watched my blood slowly clot
If I let it out, I'd probably scare you away
If I don't I'd painfully watch my hair go grey

Everyday, you made me cross out one from the list
In great anticipation for my first kiss
I dont seek to take you indoors
Life is more than physical roars
I wish to know what makes you stand out
What you do that keeps me stuck in the drought
Although there are lots of things I look forward to
And many more things I could do
I choose to blow you a kiss
Because a heart like yours deserves nothing but bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment