Wednesday, April 03, 2013

My Father's Heart



He often pulled me up with his strong muscular right arm
Believing my arm wouldn't rip out of my minute water packed body
He would throw me up high and catch me
And I laughed “Daddy! Daddy!! NOOOOOO!!!!!”
According to him it took me less than two months to recognize his voice
He would ask me how school was,
And spank me again (sigh) if I returned home with a classmate's writing material
He would sing to me,
And watch me respond to his tune until I fell asleep
He would stare at me deeply,
Attempting to discover what gene I hadn’t stolen from his body
He would wipe my tears,
When mummy bought me the wrong colored slipper
He would laugh hard and shake his head in shock,
When I pulled stunts only I could get away with
With the look and a sigh... he would say, “Oyrinnaya, daddy's own girl”
He would attempt to put on a straight face (epic fail)
When I told him how lucky I was to have him
I saw him cry once,
When his favorite girl disappointed him.
Then he quickly put back on ‘the ego’, the MAN I guess
Sometimes I get tired of hearing his complaints,
But the words come back to me clearly: “he gave it all up for you”.
I can not explain what the man means to me
The thought of his sacrifices makes me shiver,
And I wonder if I will ever be able live up to it
Or do the same for my unborn babies
I love how creative he is
Although he ages, he remains the award-winning editor of all my papers
He is patient and his heart is kind
When he hurts, it’s hard to fix it
Because somehow, he is always right.
He reminds me a lot of who I might become
And I weep in agony, because I fear I may not measure up
Whenever I succeed in consoling myself,
I rejoice because his reputation is one people fight to acquire
Yet I happened to find it freely moving in my amniotic fluid package
9 months after he gave a sperm to an amazing woman, my mum
From him, I have learned how to love, respect, behave, speak, learn and play
Most of all, I have learned how to enjoy life and have faith in the midst of nothing
In my heart, this young handsome MAN will live strong forever.
Classic memories of an amazing man
A man of wisdom, grace and elegance,

... A selfless jewel to the world

No comments:

Post a Comment